Living in the city offers many choices and next Saturday’s Buffalo LIVING Tour will show off nine diverse offerings during this seventh annual free event.
Empty nesters who want to walk to and from their abodes to enjoy city nightlife professionals who seek a “room with a view” and students who want resort-style amenities will all get up-to-speed with what Buffalo has to offer on this year’s tour.
“Any one of these unique living spaces depict the new Buffalo,” explains Paul D. Maurer, chairman and founder of the Buffalo LIVING Tour. “People who see all these will experience the diversity now available in our city.”
The tour will start at Axis 360, a brand new complex of buildings on LaSalle Avenue where people can get info on the tour and start their journey by boarding free shuttles that run every few minutes from 9 a.m.
There is an also a scenic bike version so cyclers can roll to each location. The healthier bike version is encouraged by the Wellness Institute of Greater Buffalo & WNY, a perennial sponsor. For those who like the freedom of choosing the order to view each one, they can hop in their car and start anywhere. The locations are all open until 5 p.m. There will be prizes for those who see all nine.
Here is what will be on the upcoming tour:
• Axis 360 (by Campus Advantage Management), 89 LaSalle Ave. This brand new complex will serve as headquarters for the tour. Axis 360 introduces “Luxury Living in the Heights.” Buffalo’s premier housing choice is located just steps from the subway station and UB South Campus. Furnished modern apartments and many resort-type features, including a pool-sized hot tub, million-dollar fitness room and unmatched amenities!
• Campion Hall (by Priam Property Management, LLC), 2136 Main St., is a beautiful, just-renovated property with well-appointed apartments centrally located on Main across from Sisters Hospital, within walking distance to Delaware Park and the subway station. Kitchens are equipped with stainless steel appliances, including a dishwasher and full-size range.
• Mattress Factory Lofts (by The Frizlen Group & Common Bond Realty), 170 Florida St., is a historic rehabilitation and conversion of a factory building into 34 loft-style apartments. The apartment units feature large factory windows, tall ceilings and an open floor plan.
• Nickel City Lofts (by Glendale Communities), 31 Barker St., is set to open in August. This location will be featured as a “hard hat” tour with exceptional one-, two- and three-bedroom luxury apartments. Each apartment is unique and may offer a loft, or up to three levels of living space. Special details include off-street parking, in-unit laundry and elegant finishes throughout.
• The Bosche Lofts (by Green Leaf Dev. & Construction), 916-918 Main St., are situated near the corner of Allen and Main overlooking the new UB Medical School. The signature look of this building features beautiful exposed brick walls and shimmering spiral duct work throughout; these downtown units are simply breathtaking!
• Allentown Lofts (by The Kissling Interests), 430 Virginia St., set a new standard for the most discerning resident. This four-story brick building gives residents heated indoor parking, maple floors and heated-tile bathrooms. Kitchens are appointed with custom cabinetry, stainless steel appliances and open floor plans.
• The Sidway (by Vie Management), 775 Main St., creates a new way of experiencing Buffalo offering modern and loft-style apartments. The Sidway boasts new upgrades such as a brand new 24-hour fitness center and lounge, in-unit laundry and granite counters on loft and penthouse levels.
• Cathedral Commons (by St. Paul’s Cathedral), 128 Pearl St. The apartments at St. Paul’s, overlooking the iconic cathedral, offers brand new spacious apartments with gorgeous finishes in a historic building, high ceilings and walk-in closets. Certain apartments offer fireplaces and historic leaded glass windows.
• Shea’s Seneca (by Schneider Development Services), 2178 Seneca St., is a historic landmark originally built in 1929 and is currently being restored and developed into 23 high-end apartments planned to open in August. The brand new luxury apartments boast open layouts, granite countertops, in-unit washer/dryer, and walk-in closets.
Tour participants will self-guide their route with a free pamphlet they can pick up at about 80 coffee shops, restaurants and the tour stop locations. The pamphlet can also be found online for downloading and printing at www.BuffaloLivingTour.net.
For those who prefer hopping a ride to each stop, seven shuttles sponsored by BN Home will go to all nine locations.
Buffalo LIVING Tour’s main presenting sponsor is Nationwide Insurance. Supporting sponsors include Creative Storage, BN Home, We Care Transportation, The Wellness Institute of Greater Buffalo & WNY and Crosstree Creative Company.
Visit www.BuffaloLivingTour.net for photos of the living spaces, information and pamphlets that can be printed for the tour.