Empire State Wrestling returns to Buffalo RiverWorks for its second event of 2022 with “Brawlfest” on Saturday, May 21 at 359 Ganson St., Buffalo. This will be Empire State Wrestling’s (ESW) first event back at RiverWorks in six months.
Headlining Brawlfest will be a special cross-promotional match between All-Elite Wrestling’s Buddy Matthews and Impact Wrestling’s Trey Miguel – both newcomers to ESW. There will also be several top independent wrestling stars and many of the best locally-based wrestlers on the docket. Along with Murphy versus Miguel, the other matches at Brawlfest will include:
• A ladder match for the vacated ESW Tag Team Championships between To Infinity & Beyond and High Seas.
• 2021 Ilio Di Paolo Memorial Cup winner “Invincible” Vince Valor will face the Beyond Wrestling star Alec Price.
• Australian wrestling star Shazza McKenzie will be against “Courageous” Christina Marie.
• “Big Time” Bill Collier will face “Blue Thunder” Jay Freddie to determine the No. 1 contender for the ESW Heavyweight Championship held by “The Aesthetic Crippler” Kevin Blackwood.
• ESW’s longest-reigning Interstate Champion Frankie Feathers will defend the title in an open challenge.
• Up-and-coming indie wrestling stars Levi Everett and Brayden Lee will make their ESW debuts.
• Many of ESW’s regular heroes and villains such as Vinnie Moon and “The Big Bang” Jerk Cockins will also be in action.
First and second row tickets are sold out. Pre-sale general admission tickets are available at ESWTix.com for $20. Tickets at the door are $25. Doors open at 5 p.m. The meet-and-greet starts at 5:30 p.m., with the opening bell is set for 7 p.m.