Beyond Print Solutions, located at 80 W. Drullard Ave., Suite 100, in Lancaster, is currently seeking a quality control inspector to join its team. This is a first shift, full-time position with a rate of pay of $16 to $20 per hour based on experience.
The quality control inspector performs assessment, documentation and organization tasks to support the efficiency and effectiveness of their organization’s products to meet the expectations of the consumer. Responsibilities may include:
• Inspecting output samples using industry-appropriate methods, such as comparing to standards, measuring dimensions and examining functionality.
• Checking that the assembly or production line adheres to standards and procedures.
• Reviewing written orders and specifications to compare to produced goods.
• Recording inspection results by completing reports, summarizing reworks and wastes, and inputting data into quality database.
• Training the production team on quality control measures to improve product excellence.
• Proposing improvements to the production process.
• Updating job knowledge by engaging in educational opportunities and regular training.
• Keeping measurement equipment operating accurately by following calibration requirements and calling for repairs.
• Using gauges such as calipers and micrometers to measure products.
• Collecting and compiling statistical quality data.
• Assisting in the development of test methods and inspection plans.
• Helping determine the causes of product defects and reworks.
This job operates in a manufacturing environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers and filing cabinets.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk; use hands and reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee will be sitting for extended periods of time. The employee must lift to 50 pounds occasionally.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required:
• People skill set
• Strong mathematical and analytical skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
• Keen attention to detail
• Ability to use measuring devices like gauges, meters and calipers
• In-depth understanding of company standards
• Understanding of target market and consumer needs
• Comfortable standing or walking for long periods of time
College degree preferred, but not required. Some experience needed.
For more information or to apply, please contact Beyond Print Solutions at (716) 505-7300. You can also visit the BPS website at beyondprintsolutions.com.