Organization Name: Rural Outreach Center (ROC)
Job Title: intake and case manager
Salary: Based on level of experience
Location: East Aurora/Southern Erie County, Cattaraugus County
Type: Full-time, experience preferred
Preferred Education: Bachelor’s degree minimum
Benefits: Health care stipend
Job Description: The ROC’s model of care is distinguished to help individuals and families work toward self-sufficiency. This person will provide a complete comprehensive intake for new participants and provide case management assistance. This person must be familiar with community programs in southern Western New York. Must have good communication skills, computer skills and ability to work as a team player.
1. Engage with walk-ins (or crisis/same day calls)
• Intensive assessment
• Determine need
• Give out basic info (DSS info, SNAP application)
2. Complete comprehensive intake for new participants
• Help set goals and complete participant agreement and inform of ROC services and programs.
• Verbalize to MSW’s the general status and info from the intake.
3. Case management follow up
• i.e., did you get SNAP card, did you go to the food pantry?
4. Make reminder/follow-up calls
5. Document (follow-up) in CORS
6. Schedule transportation for visits
7. Maintain housing and job board
8. Obtain updated literature and information on community services
Driver’s license is required; will be reimbursed for mileage. Before being hired, the worker may be asked to submit to a background check and substance abuse screening.
Candidate qualifications: A relevant college degree and experience working with a similar population, including some case management.
To apply, please send resume and three references to email@example.com. Call (716) 474-4194 for more information.