The number 13 may be a charm for the company that has put on a showcase of the living spaces of Western New York for the past eight years. A record 10 locations will be on the Ellicottville Living Tour on Saturday, Sept. 14.
“We have had an overwhelming response to this, our 13th Living Tour,” remarked Paul D. Maurer, head of PDM Marketing & Media, presenters of the event. “Ellicottville has such a special bond with people who want to escape to its hills and hospitality, and the homeowners there are eager to show their unique living spaces to those who visit next month!”
The headquarters will be at The Tamarack Club at Holiday Valley. Tour goers are encouraged to start there, where they can pick up a free shuttle that will whisk them to each living space on the tour.
Here is the lineup of places that will be open for the free tour:
• 46 Martha St.: A converted church with original stained glass throughout and a steeple with its original working bell.
• 12 Greer Hill Road: A Timberbuilt/Timberframe model steps from the slopes. This home in the hills is an example of what can be custom built.
• 6847 Leslie: A stone and wood ski country chalet with hardwood floors, a wraparound deck and a view of Holimont.
• 7447 Dublin Road: Nestled in the woods boasting three fireplaces, four bedrooms and 3-1/2 baths.
• 12 Washington St., Upper: A city loft-style condo in the heart of the village with all high-end features.
• 9 EllicottVillas: 3,300 square feet of luxury design and a model of what can be customized for a future resident.
• 31 EllicottVillas: A professionally designed multi-level condo with two-sided fireplace opened to the spacious deck.
• 13-29 Fillmore Creek: These contemporary rustic-style, newly-built townhomes are in walking distance to the village.
• 11 Mountainview: A condo that offers spectacular views of both Holimont and Holiday Valley.
• 16 Glen Burn Trail: Newly built townhouse within walking distance to Ellicottville nightlife.
For those who wish to start anywhere (or take their own transportation), a free pamphlet and map can be downloaded now at www.EllicottvilleLIVINGTour.com. At each site, the property owner, real estate person or developer will tour people through their spotlighted location.
The Ellicottville Living Tour is free.
“It’s a great way to show off our historic and legendary village with its many outstanding recreational and entertainment options,” boasts Brian McFadden, Ellicottville Chamber of Commerce executive director. “In fact, Sept. 13-15 is Rock & Roll Weekend, so we would recommend people take the Ellicottville Living Tour during the day on Saturday as an interlude to the nighttime music offerings that will be happening throughout our village.”
Adding another touch of elegance to the event will be luxury automobiles courtesy of Towne BMW/Maserati/Alfa Romeo of Williamsville. Towne will be parking iconic vehicles in the driveways of each spotlighted property.
A special post-tour party is planned back at the Tamarack Club at Holiday Valley starting at 4 p.m. John Harvard’s Brew House will be hosting the party at the large poolside area of the resort. Prizes for those who have visited all 10 locations on the tour will be drawn at 7 p.m. during the party.
Sponsors of the Ellicottville Living Tour are Nationwide Insurance/Getzoni Agency, Peters & Moriarty Real Estate Law, Ellicottville Chamber of Commerce, ERA Team VP Real Estate & Vacation Rentals, CrossTree Creative, Towne Maserati, Towne BMW, Towne Alfa Romeo and Creative Storage Solutions.