With all of their usual fundraising events — including the Erie County Fair — canceled due to coronavirus concerns, Pet Connection Programs Inc. is turning to much smaller community events throughout August and September to help the nonprofit animal shelter make ends meet.
Located in Marilla, Pet Connection relies on these events to sell their hugely popular reusable dog totes filled with treats from the Purina plant in Dunkirk. The shelter asks for a $10 donation per bag.
Upcoming Pet Connection appearances include:
• East Aurora Flea Market, 11167 Big Tree Road, East Aurora, from 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 8.
• Gold N Gifts, 96 Hamburg St. (Route 20A), East Aurora, from 1 to 5 p.m. Friday, Aug. 14.
• Alden Farmers’ Market, 13119 Broadway, Alden, from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 29.
• Hamburg Farmers’ Market, 45 Church St., Hamburg, from 7:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 12.
• Emerling Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep & Ram, 135 S. Cascade Drive, Springville, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Friday, Sept. 18
• East Aurora Flea Market, 11167 Big Tree Road, East Aurora, from 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 19.
• Naab & Mohring Inc., Brunswick Road, Depew (next to Tops), from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 26.
Pet Connection is also looking for new locations where they can set up temporary stands to sell their totes. Please call 998-8586 if you are a local business or organization willing to help.
More events are being added all the time. For frequent updates, please visit www.petconnectionprogramsinc.com/events or follow Pet Connection Programs Inc. on Facebook for frequent updates.