The Royal Ontario Museum (ROM) in nearby Toronto is the place to visit this March break with a full schedule of activities for kids of all ages. Enchanted March Break at the ROM runs from Saturday, March 12 to Sunday, March 20 with free events between 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily (events are included with general admission). ROM visitors will travel back in time and discover natural wonders, astrology, alchemy and the magic of Shakespeare’s stage.
ROM March break highlights include:
• Follow along on a dramatic adventure through the ROM with Toronto’s Classical Theatre Project.
• Learn how to dance at court like a knight or princess as part of “Dancing with the Elizabethan Stars.”
• Meet historic re-enactors such as Galileo, the Father of Astronomy.
• Snap your own Shakespearean selfie with the ROM’s Elizabethan Photo Booth.
• Touch serpents and spiders with hands-on demonstrations.
Plus, it’s your last chance to see Wildlife Photographer of the Year (WPY), presented by Quark Expeditions. This year’s WPY exhibition closes on March 20 and features 100 stunning images of our natural world.
The ROM is open for extended evening hours during March break with discounted admission available between 4:30 and 8:30 p.m. from March 12 to March 19. ROM members enjoy free admission. General admission tickets are $17 for adults, $15.50 for students and seniors and $14 for children.
Please visit www.rom.on.ca/marchbreak for more information.