Michael Olear, a licensed real estate broker from the Olear Team at MJ Peterson Real Estate, will present workshops titled Understanding Condos, Townhouses and Patio Homes on Nov. 15 and 18. Offered through the Erie County Senior Services University Express program, the workshops will take place at 1 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 15, at the Clarence Senior Center, 4600 Thompson Road, and at 1:30 p.m. Friday, Nov. 18, at the Orchard Park Senior Center, 4520 California Road.
Topics to be covered by Olear include:
• What is the difference between a condo, a townhouse and a patio home?
• What are you actually buying?
• What are common elements?
• How is a residential community managed?
• Who governs the homeowner’s association?
• How much are typical fees associated with this type of living and what do they pay for?
• What types of financing are allowed for these types of properties?
• How do you avoid buying someone else’s problem?
• What’s the best way to prepare for a move from a larger to a smaller residence?
• And much more!
Advanced registration is required. To RSVP for the Clarence event, please call (716) 633-5183. To reserve a seat at the Orchard Park workshop, please call (716) 662-6452.
Michael Olear has more than 30 years of real estate experience and specializes in helping older adults with their real estate needs. The Olear Realty Group, Inc. is organized as a sub chapter S corporation and supports the Olear Team/MJ Peterson Corporation in the sale of residential real estate throughout Erie and Niagara County. Please visit olear.com for more information.