Despite the postponement of its annual conference due to the ongoing pandemic, the Board of Directors of the Western New York Safety Conference is continuing its annual scholarship program. The organization is currently accepting scholarship applications and will be awarding $1,500 scholarships to selected qualified high school seniors who plan to attend college this fall.
In addition to being current high school seniors attending college in the fall of 2021, applicants must also currently reside in Western New York. Applications can be found online at https://wnysc.com/scholarship-application/ and must be submitted on or before Feb. 19, 2021. Applications can also be submitted via email to email@example.com or mailed to WNYSC Scholarship, P.O. Box 207, Amherst, N.Y. 14226.
An application package must contain the following to be considered:
• A completed application
• A typed essay of at least 400 to 500 words
• Certification of grade point average
• At least one letter of recommendation
Please note that the submitted essay must reflect your understanding of the importance of occupational safety and health to include:
• A brief description of your background and how safety and health has impacted you. Include safety and health programs in which you currently participate in or have participated in.
• The far-reaching impact laws and standards protecting workers have had on society.
• The role and impact of safety and health on you in your chosen career path.
For more information on the Western New York Safety Conference, please visit wnysc.com. You can also follow the organization on Facebook for frequent updates.